Inheritance Tax Planning and Trusts
Estate planning isn’t just about passing on money when you die – it’s also about enjoying life now and ensuring you have enough to live on. This is why it’s so important to start planning early. We can show you how much money you will need, help you to pass on assets in the most effective way, and work with you to reduce or manage an Inheritance Tax bill.
Many people want to keep an element of control when passing on their assets. They may want their money to be used for a particular reason, such as paying for school fees or for a first house deposit. Or they may just want to make sure their money stays within their family.
We offer a service which includes:
- A review of your current estate to establish the extent of your inheritance tax exposure based on your current will.
- We help you understand the principles of IHT and what you need to do to mitigate your exposure.
- Based on your assets and your personal circumstances, we will make recommendations about what you could do to minimise your exposure, and also ensure that you retain the necessary assets and income for your financial stability.
- Where appropriate our advice will cover the use of trusts and family investment companies.
- We will work with your other professional advisors to implement any desired planning and also put in place up to date wills.
By planning sooner rather than later, we can make sure your money ends up with the people you want, for the reasons you choose.
Please get in touch to find out how we can help you.