Adrian Young, Tax Partner at HURST Accountants gives his immediate response to today's Spending...
Thinking about making a Management Buy Out?
A Management Buy Out (MBO) provides management teams with the opportunity to make significant capital gains from what can be relatively modest initial investments. There are various important considerations to bear in mind...
- Effective management team with the desire for ownership and ability to execute future strategy.
- A commercially viable business with a track record of profitability and cash generation.
- Willing seller with realistic price expectations.
- Robust business plan which demonstrates the business can service the funding required.
- Future exit opportunity to enable investors and management realise their investment.
- Retirement of owners (of privately owned company)
- Non core subsidiaries sold to realise cash to invest in core activities
- Financially distressed groups needing to raise funds
- Businesses in insolvency sold as a going concern
- Institutional owners (e.g. private equity funds) wanting to realise their investment
How we can help
- Advise you on the feasibility of an MBO
- Lead negotiations with the vendor
- Help you to complete your business plan
- Help you to raise funding
- Project manage the process on your behalf
Furthermore, the accountancy and tax arm of our firm can serve your future enterprise on an ongoing basis.
Looking for Managment Buy Out advice? Call 0161 477 2474 , email Inspired@Hurst.co.uk or complete the form below: