2020 has been an eventful year, but what does 2021 have in store? In our latest quarterly 'Economic Update' webinar, Alex Brandreth Chief Investment Officer of Luna Investment Management, provides a look at the current economic position and the outlook for the future.
Alex Brandreth is Chief Investment Officer for Luna, joining the firm in March 2020. He is responsible for coordinating the overall investment strategy at Luna.
This involves liaising with a series of analysts and chairing the Luna Investment Committee in order to provide guidance to investment managers on tactical asset allocation and individual security selection.
Over the years, Alex has appeared in CityWire Top 100 Wealth Managers on multiple occasions, was included in the inaugural Citywire Selector UK 30, which showcased the most influential fund selectors in the UK market, and named in the 2019 Private Asset Management (PAM) Top 40 Under 40.
Before joining Luna, Alex worked at Brown Shipley for nearly 10 years and for the last four years as Deputy Chief Investment Officer. He began his career as an Investment Analyst at Greystone Wealth Management in 2007.
Positive takeaways from the webinar as we enter 2021
- Some key risks are moving into in the rear-view mirror; the US election, Covid-19 and Brexit.
- The deployment of vaccine(s) will see a gradual relaxation of restrictions, confidence return and economic growth is likely to accelerate.
- Central bank policy remains very accommodating and is a major pillar of support for both bonds and equities.
- Additional fiscal stimulus on top of the enormous support for business as a result of the pandemic thus far is anticipated.
- Trade headlines are likely to be more constructive under President Biden, compared to the Trump era.
- The possibility of a global investment boom driven by the new energy transition.
- Potential of positive earnings surprises from 2020, as the recovery gathers pace.
If you missed the webinar or you would like to revisit please view below.
To get in touch with Alex and the team at Luna, email email@example.com